Developing Major Gifts
Raise more money FASTER by receiving more major gifts. Consistent donors can become major donors when you effectively implement the Eight-Step Major Gifts Management Cycle. Identify and utilize your own communication strengths when meeting with donors to develop major gifts and increase your fundraising success.
Now offered online through CMP
This class has always been delivered onsite. But now, you can take this class from the comfort of your home at your pace, with far more resources and help. Over a period of 6 weeks, starting August 2nd and ending September 10th, faculty will deliver live sessions on each module. You will have access to an online student portal to watch recorded classes, engage with other students, ask faculty questions, and gain access to resources like templates and other tools.
Class will begin on Monday, August 2nd, and will be conducted every Monday and Friday from 11:00 - 12:00 PM Eastern. The course will end on Friday, September 10th.
Each week you'll have a course module to complete. Each module consists of:
• Readings from a PDF study guide
• Viewing a pre-recorded narrated presentation
• Completing a 10-question quiz where you must score a 7 or higher
• Engaging in forum discussions with others
• Submitting assignments.
What You Will Learn
• Use your mission to motivate volunteers
• Develop an organizational vision for major gifts
• Organize your major gift program
• Provide and cultivate leadership for your major gifts program
• Help volunteers overcome their resistance to asking for gifts
• Respond to objections in your presentation
• Define the roles of board and staff in major gift fundraising
• Manage the eight-step major gifts process
• Use current research to guide your approach
• Forge leadership partnerships
What You Will Receive
• Planning outlines
• Vision statement outline
• A comprehensive, easy-to-understand study guide with background reading
CFRE Education Credits
Full participation in many of The Fund Raising School’s courses fulfill education point requirements for Category 1.B-Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification. Developing Major Gifts qualifies for 20.25 CFRE Education Points/Hours.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE:
Tuition payment is due before the class begins and may be paid by credit card or check. There are no refunds. Students who cannot attend will be provided credit towards future programming.